In 2018, the Penn-Del Board of Directors completed a Needs Assessment. From the Needs Assessment that was completed, Penn-Del AER Board of Directors proposed a strategic plan. The strategic plan consists of the following 6 Strategic Topics: Membership, Leadership Development and Mentoring, Advocacy for the Field, Non-Profit Status, Professional Development/Conference, and Board Improvement. Each Strategic Topic has proposed membership Strategic goals. The Proposed Strategic Goals are listed below under each topic.
Strategic Topic 1: Membership
• Proposed Membership Strategic Goal 1: Recruitment: Penn-Del AER with the support of the Membership Committee will increase membership by 15% yearly.
• Proposed Membership Strategic Goal 2: Retainment: Penn-Del AER with the support of the Membership Committee will retain 85% of current memberships yearly.
Strategic Topic 2: Leadership Development and Mentoring
• Proposed Leadership Development and Mentoring Goal: To advance the development of future leaders of our field and of our association by designing, organizing, and implementing a focused leadership training event for members of the Penn-Del AER Chapter to be held in conjunction with the 2019 Penn-Del AER Conference.
Strategic Topic 3: Advocacy for the Field
• Proposed Advocacy Goal: To advocate for the field of vision by developing awareness in the community through educating various groups (agencies, schools, government offices, non-profit organizations, etc.).
Strategic Topic 4: Non-Profit Status
• Proposed Non-Profit Status Strategic Goal: Penn-Del AER will achieve non-profit status by June 30, 2019.
Strategic Topic 5: Professional Development/Conference
• Proposed Professional Development/Conference Goal: The Conference Planning Committee works to provide members with a beneficial, informational annual conference.
Strategic Topic 6: Board Improvement
• Proposed Board Engagement Strategic Goal: Penn-Del AER will achieve 95% board engagement by April 2020.